Senior Manager of Communications and Engagement, Transform Health
Type of engagement: Full-time fixed-rate consultancy contract
Transform Health is a coalition of organisations dedicated to achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) by 2030 by harnessing digital technology and the use of data. The coalition advocates and campaigns by working with individuals, communities, governments, organisations and institutions that are most affected by the lack of access to equitable, affordable, and high-quality healthcare. We are committed to promoting youth and women’s participation and leadership and to promoting the perspectives, concerns and needs of marginalised groups so that everyone can benefit from the digital transformation of health systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, dynamic global team at the secretariat of Transform Health and help drive the development and delivery of our communication and engagement strategy to enable digital transformation of health systems. In this role you will bring strong communication, project management skills and fresh perspectives to communication, engagement and digital outreach to ensure we are able to effectively engage and collaborate with partners and key constituencies across different sectors to achieve our ambitious targets.
The Communications and Engagement Senior Manager coordinates the coalition’s communications and outreach aimed at identifying new audiences, growing and strengthening our partner engagement, while positioning the brand and promoting our advocacy and campaigning messages to key decision makers, partners and influential stakeholders.
The Senior Communications and Engagement Manager will have very good writing skills and an ability to deploy different styles for different audiences. Good political acumen and an ability to synthesise complex technical messages for a political and public audience. The Senior Communications and Engagement manager should have a strong track record of strategic communications across different contexts and working in complex and rapidly changing environments.
- Strategy: Develop and update the global communications strategy. Ensure specific different strategic initiatives and outcomes have a clear set of communication goals. Ensure the strategic coherence and consistency of our communications strategy across the coalition. Ensure communications plans are integrated into thematic work plans.
- Maintain and update ongoing internal and external communications channels and products: Update coalition partners and others through the development of regular content. Coordinate the production of content from coalition partners, particularly at national and regional level, and linked to specific initiatives. Maintain the website updated. Streamline content creation process, identify the best tools to support collaborative content creation and dissemination including managing:
- Social media channels: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok
- Newsletters and email communication with coalition partners
- Develop and deliver strategic communications campaigns: develop and deliver tailored communication campaigns for specific initiatives, projects and events in support of the coalition strategy, in collaboration with communications leads across the coalition. Develop a strong narrative aimed at influencing specific audiences for each event and initiative.
- Coordinate communications across the coalition: Maintain and engage a network of communications leads across the coalition. Ensure they are feeding back a regular set of stories, agree themes around specific moments, agree distribution channels. Ensure all communications colleagues are clear about the strategy and sharing content, opportunities and good practices. Ensure a coordinated approach to communications and outreach across the coalition
- Own the brand: Ensure all partners are working within the Transform Health brand guidelines and are clear about the key messages, the communications strategy and outcomes that the coalition is pursuing on each issue.
- Training and capacity development: provide training, capacity development and mentoring to partners, particularly youth partners in the coal¡ition, as requested.
- Analytics: strong data-driven know-how to capture insights to continuously measure and adjust campaigns including the reporting of such statistics.
- Key Event management: plays an integral role in key global events linked to the coalition’s objectives not excluding Digital Health Week.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (marketing, development studies, public relations, English Studies or others).
- Native English speaker (please note that our business language is English). Other languages are a plus including French, Spanish, Portuguese and Swahili.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience working in a similar role.
- Demonstrable experience in:
- Project management including budgeting
- Coordinating communications strategy across national contexts and in complex organisations
- Managing external partners, agencies and consultants
- Social media strategy development and implementation, website and newsletter management including content creation
- Communication strategy, planning and execution
- Creative communication and campaign strategies
- Understanding of paid advertising ecosystem (Google Adwords, social media, banners)
- Experience managing budgets
- Demonstrable experience with the following software applications
- Survey tools (Surveymonkey, Google Forms, Typeform)
OTHER KEY SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed, results-oriented environment at a fast pace with strict deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, creative, energetic, hard-working and unafraid of challenges.
- Open to working in a start-up and taking on different hats to deliver against common goals and objectives.
- This may include working at uncomfortable hours at times to cater towards a global team based across continents, including at times early morning and late evening calls.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise requests and deadlines.
- Exceptionally attentive to detail and time management.
- Ability to take the initiative and to anticipate possible issues, as well as the ability to respond quickly to challenges.
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability.
- Goal oriented, enthusiastic, a “will do” attitude and a positive person by nature.
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, proactive and results driven with an ability to maintain a high level of energy and passion
REPORTING AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
This position reports to the Executive Director. For the delivery of specific projects the Executive Director may delegate accountability to the Campaign, Operation and the Policy Lead. The Senior Communications and Engagement Manager will be expected to recruit and manage contractors, including a Social Media associate.
Flexible/Worldwide – home based.
The successful candidate will receive a 2 year contract with a possible extension (dependent on funding).
We offer our contractors a competitive package and generous benefits. The contractor will receive a total remuneration of $70,000-90,000 per annum. The final salary is based on a variety of objective factors, including years of relevant experience. The contractor will be expected to work 42 hours per week and will be entitled to 25 days off, observations of Swiss public holidays and 5 days sick leave per annum.
We encourage particularly candidates from low- and middle income countries to apply. To apply for this exciting role and become part of a highly fun and dynamic team, please submit your application including maximum 3 page CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience by 31 March 2023 to [email protected] with the subject : Communications and Engagement Manager
Successful candidates will be contacted by email and invited for an interview.